5) Back ache
Pinda sweda is one of the dominant upkarma & a subtype of swedana therapy commonly used for relief of pain & gaining strength to the tissues.
Pinda sweda can be categorised depending on the material used for making the bolus. These are as follows:
1) Valuka sweda –where sand is used
2) Shashtik Shali Pinda sweda(Navara kiszhi)- Navara rice cooked in medicated milk is used
3) Patrapinda sweda- Leaves of medicinal plants are used
4) Churna Pinda sweda – where combination of medicinal herbs is used.
The selected material is kept at the center of 1 X 1 ft cloth & a pinda is skillfully tied to make it easy for holding. This is either dipped in hot liquid or is heated with the oil on a girdle. Then applied on the requisite site with careful movement.
There are no special restrictions for Pinda sweda. We expect that patient should not be on empty stomach for longer time prior to pinda sweda
There are no specific dietary restrictions after Pinda sweda. Follow the instructions of the physician
1) Lightness of the body
2) Reduction of the pain & the stiffness
3) Better mobility of the Joint
4) Regression of the disease.
5) Gain in tissue mass & activities of the organ
Pinda sweda is very effective therapy & should not be taken casually. If done in improper untrained hands which is otherwise absolutely safe therapy; can cause burning & scalding.
Proper preparation & post procedural care is a must & no shortcuts should ever be tried.